ABOUT ME and CONTACT INFO

ABOUT ME
I’m Edgardo, a Certified Public Accountant by profession and I’m a Traveler or a SightseE-Guy. I visited the following continents and countries:
Africa: Egypt
America: United States of America, Bahamas
Asia: Hong Kong, Macau, China,Vietnam, Singapore, Jordan, Israel, Palestine, United Arab Emirates
Europe: England, Jersey, Scotland, Belgium, Spain, Sweden, Vatican, Wales, Monaco, Guernsey, Greece,
Turkey, Czech Republic, Germany, Netherlands, Austria, Hungary, France, Italy, Switzerland, Portugal, Denmark, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg

CONTACT ME
Email :
mybruce0520@gmail.com
Twitter : https://twitter.com/egayenriquez
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/mybruce0520?ref=tn_tnmn
Linked in : uk.linkedin.com/pub/edgardo-enriquez/59/715/213/

Thursday 10 January 2013

Air China Review (Manila - Beijing - London) and what are the passengers’ perks of a cancelled flight?

It was 2AM of Monday, 10 January 2011. We are preparing for my 6AM flight going to back to UK. Upon arrival at NAIA terminal 1 at 3AM, we noticed that there is no flight appearing for Air China bound for Beijing at 6AM on the screen so we waited at the check-in counter.  The queue for the passengers of Air China is getting longer and longer.  Until 5AM, someone told us that there was no flight because Air China cancelled all the Monday flights (Manila to Beijing) starting January 2011 and the flight is rescheduled the following day.  Air China gave us the following perks. 
      -           Overnight stay at Century Park Hotel
      -          P800 pocket money
      -          Transportation to/from the  Century Park Hotel/NAIA Airport
      -          Rebooking  flights even with other airlines for the connection flights

For me it’s just additional 24 hours stay in the Philippines which is good and I do not have any important matters to attend with in UK that time.  But I do not know for the other 20 plus stranded passengers, which are bound to USA, Canada, etc.  The stranded passengers arrived in Century Park around 7AM and I catch some sleep until 12 noon.  Then my family went to Century Park during the evening.  We went to Harrison Plaza to eat dinner.  After the dinner, we cross path with other stranded passengers and took some photos with them.
At 4AM the following day, the transportation arrived going to NAIA Terminal 1.  All the stranded passengers are in Air China flight bound for Beijing.   It was sadness since I experienced one of the best Christmas of my life.  I was even featured in GMA-7 for my report of Christmas decorations at Ayala Triangle. 

Air China Review:
Upon booking my flight, it was about £200 (P13, 400) cheaper than any of the other airlines were offering.  My flight is during the Christmas season.    I was surprise that the food was just as good since I reserved “seafood” meal beforehand and seats were probably more comfortable compare to other airlines.  The inflight entertainment is not updated but I usually sleep during flight. 

I do not mind booking another flight with Air China since their price is not that expensive but the cancelling of Monday flights without informing us in advanced is unacceptable and hoping this will be address and not to happen again.

No comments:

Post a Comment